Skagerak International School founded in 1991, is a vibrant group of schools located in the picturesque coastal town of Sandefjord, only 90 minutes from Oslo.The school offers the IB curriculum from Kindergarten all the way through to High School to over 380 students from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our well-qualified and experienced staff are also equally international and dynamic. Together we are Skagerak International School.
The High School is offering both the PreDP and Norwegian National Programme Vg1, DP1 and DP2 to 150 students. We are an accredited member of CIS and ECIS.
Principal – High School
We are now in a position to offer an exciting opportunity for an outstanding educator and leader. The candidate must be an exceptional individual who can lead and manage the High School as part of Skagerak International School. He or she will be a key member of the senior management team, comprising the Principals and the Director.
The Principal has overall responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the school both in terms of administration and for the delivery of academic excellence. In addition, the management of the school site, the education and welfare of students, marketing and student recruitment, management and support of staff and maintaining excellent communication with all members of the school community will be a core part of the job description. The position is 60% - 70% administration and 40% - 30% teaching.
- Masters’ university degree or equivalent in a relevant area
- Highly proficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of the IB curriculum/ an international school environment
- Experience as a high school principal
- Can promote cultural sensitivity in an international and local context
- A professional, international working environment
- Competitive salary, pension plan and insurance
- Relocation allowance
- The candidate should be available to start work on 1 August 2015.
Job location is Sandefjord, Norway. For more information, please contact Director Hans Jørgen Firing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications shall be sent to the school at email@example.com before October 15th 2014.
A full description of the role and responsibilities, may be found here.