Skagerak International School founded in 1991, is a vibrant school located in the picturesque coastal town of Sandefjord, only 90 minutes from Oslo.The school is an IB World School offering the IB curriculum from Kindergarten all the way through to High School. The student population amounts to about 380 students from a diverse range of nationalities, cultures and backgrounds. Our well-qualified and experienced staff are also equally international and dynamic. Together we are Skagerak International School.
The High School (grades 10-12) has about 150 students and offers both a PreDP and Norwegian National Programme (Vg1) in grade 10 and the IB Diploma Programme (grades11-12). We are an accredited member of CIS and ECIS.
Principal – High School
We are now in a position to offer an exciting opportunity for an outstanding educator and leader. The candidate must be able to lead and manage the High School as part of Skagerak International School. He or she will be a key member of the senior management team, comprising the Director and school's three Principals.
The Principal is the administrative and the pedagogic leader of the high school and has overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of this section of the school and enhancing academic excellence. In addition, the principal is the leader of the administrative team of the high school, is responsible for student welfare, marketing the school, student recruitment as well as cooperating with the other principals, supporting the staff and maintaining excellent communication with all members of the school community. The position is 60% - 70% administration and 40% - 30% teaching.
We are looking for an excellent educator with
- Minimum a Masters’ university degree (or a relevant equivalent)
- Good experience, preferably as high school principal
- Thorough knowledge of the IB curriculum
- Cultural sensitivity for both staff and students
- Highly proficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create a warm and positive school environment
- Interest in promoting the school in an international and local context
- A professional, international working environment
- Competitive salary, pension plan and insurance
- Relocation allowance
- The candidate should be available to start work on 1 August 2015.
Job location is Sandefjord, Norway. For more information, please contact Director Hans Jørgen Firing at email@example.com.
Applications shall be sent to the school at firstname.lastname@example.org before October 15th 2014.
A full description of the role and responsibilities, may be found here.