Skagerak International School founded in 1991, is a vibrant group of schools located in the picturesque coastal town of Sandefjord, only 90 minutes from Oslo. The schools formally amalgamated in January 2011 with a common governing board. The High School is a private, co-educational school offering both the Pre DP and Norwegian National Programme VG1, DP1 & 2 .
We are an accredited member of CIS, ECIS and the Nordic Schools Association.
The schools currently offer the IB curriculum from Kindergarten all the way through to High School to over 350 students from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our well qualified and experienced staff are also equally international and dynamic. Together we are Skagerak International School.
MYP/DP teacher of Spanish/French
Full time teaching position with approximately 75% MYP and 25% DP allocation. Full teacher job description and salary information available upon request. This role is mainly Spanish Language B, MY1-DP2, with a minor French allocation.
To apply or for more information, please contact Mr. James Tester: James.Tester@skagerak.org
DP teacher of Mathematics and Economics
Full time teaching position.
DP teacher of Visual Arts
This is initially a one-year 33% teaching position with the possibility of permanent position with an increased percentage from year two.
DP CAS Coordinator
This is a two-year 25% post of responsibility
To apply or for more information, please contact Mr Michael Meszaros: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting date for all positions: 1 August 2014
- Recognized teacher training/certification in the relevant teaching subject
- High level of English/communication competence
- Personal attributes as indicated by the IB learner profile
- Meet the minimum of 240 study points www.nokut.no
- Meet the minimum of 60 study points in the relevant subject (Spanish) www.nokut.no
Preferred candidates for the language positions will also have
- Relevant university degree or equivalent specialist tertiary training in language education
- Experience teaching in international schools and/or training and experience related to teaching within the International Baccalaureate system
- A proven track record of running effective CAS 8or extra-curricular) activities
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 25 April 2014