Skagerak International School founded in 1991, is a vibrant school located in the picturesque coastal town of Sandefjord, only 90 minutes from Oslo.The school is an IB World School offering the IB curriculum - PYP/MYP/DP - from Kindergarten all the way through to High School. The student population amounts to about 380 students from a diverse range of nationalities, cultures and backgrounds. Our well-qualified and experienced staff are also equally international and dynamic. Together we are Skagerak International School.
The High School has about 150 students and offers both a Foundation Year/Year 11/MY5 and Norwegian National Programme (Vg1) and the IB Diploma Programme, DP1 and DP2. We are an accredited member of CIS and ECIS.
Teacher of Norwegian
- Full-time Permanent – 20%
- Primarily focussing on year-group 7, but other suitable teaching within the MYP, Pre-DP or DP programmes may be assigned. This position is expected to grow.
- Relevant University Degree or equivalent specialist tertiary training in Norwegian language consisting of at least 60 ECTS.
- Recognized teacher training/certification consisting of at least 60 ECTS.
- Demonstrable fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Personal attributes as indicated by the IB learner profile.
Preferred candidates will also have
- Experience teaching at international schools and/or training and experience related to teaching within the International Baccalaureate community.
- Interest and motivation to work in a high-performing, internationally-minded organization.
Closing date for applications
- open until further notice
- The appointment is subject to the rules governing schools for Norway.
- Further information, including a Job Description and Terms & Conditions, are available from Mr James Tester email@example.com