Skagerak International School founded in 1991, is a vibrant school located in the picturesque coastal town of Sandefjord, only 90 minutes from Oslo.The school is an IB World School offering the IB curriculum from Kindergarten all the way through to High School. The student population amounts to about 380 students from a diverse range of nationalities, cultures and backgrounds. Our well-qualified and experienced staff are also equally international and dynamic. Together we are Skagerak International School.
The High School (grades 10-12) has about 150 students and offers both a PreDP and Norwegian National Programme (Vg1) in grade 10 and the IB Diploma Programme (grades11-12). We are an accredited member of CIS and ECIS.
Temporary DP teacher of Biology and Environmental Systems and Societies with some Pre DP general science teaching
This is a temporary (six months), full time teaching position to cover for a colleague on parental leave.
Starting date: 5 January 2015
- Relevant university degree or equivalent specialist tertiary training
- Recognized teacher training/certification
- Minimum of 240 ECTS with 60 ECTS in the relevant teaching subject www.nokut.no
- High level of English/communication competence
- Personal attributes as indicated by the IB learner profile
Preferred candidates will also have
- Experience teaching in international schools and/or training and experience related to teaching within the International Baccalaureate system
- A willingness to be involved in running effective CAS activities or extra-curricular activities would be an advantage
To apply or for more information, please contact Hans Jørgen Firing, high school principal: email@example.com
Applications shall be sent to the school at firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 October 2014.