Skagerak International School founded in 1991, is a vibrant school located in the picturesque coastal town of Sandefjord, only 90 minutes from Oslo.The school is an IB World School offering the IB curriculum - PYP/MYP/DP - from Kindergarten all the way through to High School. The student population amounts to about 380 students from a diverse range of nationalities, cultures and backgrounds. Our well-qualified and experienced staff are also equally international and dynamic. Together we are Skagerak International School.
The High School has about 150 students and offers both a Foundation Year/Year 11/MY5 and Norwegian National Programme (Vg1) and the IB Diploma Programme, DP1 and DP2. We are an accredited member of CIS and ECIS.
Unfortunately, scams relating to non-existent teaching jobs at Skagerak International School are circulating on the Internet, which include information taken from our official website. Skagerak never charges fees to apply and candidates should carefully consider the requests made when applying to any reputable international school. The school works actively with the authorities to stop and prevent such scams. You can help us by reporting the fraud to the website where you found the ad.
MYP Language and Literature teacher of Norwegian
- Full time permanent - 35%
- Suitable teaching within the MYP, DP may be added to this percentage as needed
- relevant university degree with a minimum of 240 ECTS with equivalent specialist tertiary training in Norwegian consisting of at least 60 ECTS
- recognized teacher training/certification
- demonstrable fluency in both written and spoken English
- personal attributes as indicated by the IB learner profile
- a police clearance letter to be provided before1 August
Preferred candidates wil all also have:
- experience teaching at international schools and training and experience related to teaching within the International Baccalaureate community (DP and MYP)
- interest and motivation to work in a high-performing, internationally-minded organization
Application due date:
- as soon as possible and until the position is filled
- the appointment is subject to the rules governing schools for Norway
- further information please contact principal Mr James Tester, email@example.com
updated 15 May 2018