For students interested in enrolling in the Primary School, we provide high quality inquiry-based learning for students aged from 4 years to 12 years (Kindergarten through to Grade 6).
We offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate. In June 2006 we became the first authorized PYP school in Norway.
At the Primary School, we aim to
- develop and promote mutual respect amongst all members of our community
- promote international-mindedness and celebrate cultural diversity
- provide a balanced curriculum based upon concepts, knowledge, skills, attitudes and action
- encourage students to develop as inquiring, knowledgeable, reflective and caring young people
- foster students' ability to think critically and to communicate effectively
- promote curiosity and creativity in a stimulating and challenging environment
- encourage students to take responsible risks, seek balance and to learn to think and behave in a principled way
- help each student to do their best within a caring, supportive and encouraging environment.
Information for those considering enrolment:
Kindergarten and Primary school brochure and fact sheet
School calendars for 2018-2019, for 2019/2020, for 2020/2021
Skagerak school structure 2018-2019
General regulations: Primary Years Programme
IB information for parents
If you wish to know more about the IB Primary Years Programme:
General overview of IB education
IB Primary Years Programme brochure
Primary Years Programme (PYP)
or contact our PYP coordinator.
| to Primary School