Welcome to a new school year
Welcome back to returning MYP veterans, new families joining Skagerak and the ex-PY6 (new MY1) community! I hope you have all had a relaxing and enjoyable summer with friends and family. Skagerak Middle School begins Monday, 19th of August at kl 08:40. Please note the new, earlier start time. Students and parents are welcome to arrive from kl 08:15 and meet the Skagerak staff. The first day of school is a full day and students will be dismissed at kl.15:00. For those with younger siblings, please note that our morning SFO for Kindergarten and Primary will begin on Tuesday morning at kl 07:30.
Homeroom Contact Teachers
- MY1 – Kathrine Fredriksen
- MY2 – Lucia Duin
- MY3 – Linda Sloan
- MY4 – Sarah Sommerschield
Important MYP dates
- Thursday, 15 August: New Parent Information Meeting kl 16:30
- Thursday, 15 August: Contact Teacher Meetings kl 17:30
- Monday 26 – Wednesday 28 August: MY1+2 Strand Camp
- Monday 26 – Wednesday 28 August: MY3+4 Trollaktiv Adventure Camp
- More information, such as itineraries and packing lists, will be given to the students during the first week of school.
Who's who in the MYP:
- Middle school Vice Principal – Tony Egan
- MYP Coordinator – Katheryn Tester
- Counsellor – Kathrine Fredriksen
Stay Connected at Skagerak International School
The MYP section of Skagerak is largely digital, both in communications and curriculum. We do have a number of ways to keep in touch about school. Be sure to read, subscribe to and join these resources to get all the latest news.
- The school's website has the latest news, blogs, calendars as well as general information about the school. The school calendar has all the important dates for the 2019/2020 school year for all three school programmes.
- Click here to follow the school calendar!
- f you're a Facebook member, the Skagerak Community Page is a place to get school community updates, via parents in your feed.
- The Primary and Middle School twitter account is the place to find live assembly videos and picture updates of student learning. Please follow for daily highlights and pictures if on twitter.
Enjoy the last two weeks of the summer holiday and I look forward to seeing everyone's smiling faces soon!