Welcome back to a new year
Welcome back! I hope you all have had a relaxing and enjoyable summer with friends and family. Kindergarten and Primary School begins Monday, 19th of August, at kl 08:45. Students and parents are welcome to arrive from kl 08:15 and meet the Skagerak staff. The first day of school is a full day and students will be dismissed at kl.15:00. There is afternoon SFO until 4:30 on Monday with Ms. Carol for those who need it. Please notify your child's homeroom teacher if they are attending SFO on the first day. Morning SFO for Kindergarten and Primary will begin on Tuesday morning at 7:30.
Homeroom contact teachers
- KG Ms Daniela Allen
- KG Ms Monica Herrebrøden
- PY1 Ms Tracey Leys
- PY2 Tru Andersen
- PY3 Ms Cortina Nystad
- PY4 Ms Leslie Taschner
- PY5 Ms Margaret Goodnow, Ms Emma O'Bryan
- PY6 Ms Blythe Siddal
For the first day, your child should bring a snack, lunch, a water bottle, pencils, erasers, indoor shoes, and weather appropriate clothing. If your child is attending afternoon SFO, they will need an additional snack for the late afternoon. Homeroom teachers will be sending additional information home, as well as the link to school start-up forms, including medical information and permission forms.
Once again, this year much of the school information will be digital and the Seesaw programme will be added to regularly. New parents and those unfamiliar with Seesaw will have more information and training coming up!
Important PYP dates
- Thursday, 15 August: New Parent Information Meeting kl 16:30
- Thursday, 15 August: Contact Teacher Meetings kl 17:30
Who's who in the PYP:
- Primary school Vice Principal – Margaret Goodnow
- Primary school Vice Principal – Lesley Schäfer
- PYP Coordinator – Andrea Helgesen
Stay Connected at Skagerak International School
The PYP section of Skagerak is largely digital, both in communications and curriculum. We do have a number of ways to keep in touch about school. Be sure to read, subscribe to, and join these resources to get all the latest news.
- The school's website has the latest news, blogs, calendars as well as general information about the school. The school calendar has all the important dates for the 2019/2020 school year for all three school programmes.
- Click here to follow the school calendar!
- -f you're a Facebook member, the Skagerak Community Page is a place to get school community updates, via parents in your feed.
- The Primary and Middle school twitter account is the place to find live assembly videos and picture updates of student learning. Please follow for daily highlights and pictures if on twitter.
Enjoy the last two weeks of the summer holiday and I look forward to seeing everyone's smiling faces soon!