Future Problem Solvers
At Skagerak International School we prepare you for studies or work anywhere in the world. We help you set your ambitions – and reach them.
What is Future Problem Solving?
- t is an enrichment programme for upper primary, middle and high school students, focusing on Global Issues.
- Future Problem Solving (FPS) teaches students how to think, not what to think.
- Students increase their global awareness and explore content related to business & economics, science & technology, and society & politics through the study of a series of current issues projected into the future.
- Students follow a 6 step process in identifying challenges and finding possible solutions within a future scene of a global issue.
- Students use the following skills: reading, research, collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and creativity
Top 10 Skills as per WEF
Problem solving is a sought-after skill among today´s employers. Atop the list of the World Economic Forum Future of Jobs Report (2020) is problem-solving, critical thinking and creativity, demonstrating the need for today´s students to learn and master such skills.
About Future Problem Solving Programme International (FPSPI)
FPSPI is a U.S. non-profit organization established in 1974, and has grown into an international academic programme, challenging students to think creatively and futuristically. Since its inception, the programme has grown to include students from 13 countries and 36 states in the US. Over 23,000 students officially participated in 2018-19, yet hundreds of thousands participate each year as the programme also reaches students involved non competitively in classrooms or after school programmes that use materials to enhance curriculum through critical and creative thinking.
Say hello to SIS